Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Joseph and Hope

Our twins, Joseph and Hope, would have turned 8 years old today if they had made it into this world.

From a book I read on their first birthday:
My baby’s life was not long enough to have any pictures to carry in my billfold, but was long enough to fill my heart with wonderful memories. I was never hurt by my child’s rebellion, was never embarrassed by my child’s actions, and I never had to discipline him. This was my child who brought me only joy all the days of his life. Thank you, God, for that kind of child; it was a gift only you could give.
And from a letter I wrote them:
The amount of joy you brought us in such a short time is amazing. I do not regret loving you as much as I did. And I am so thankful that I did not spend my pregnancy dreading the worse or worrying that something would happen to you. If I had, I would have not been able to feel the joy that I did. I do not regret that you existed because even with the immense pain we felt in losing you, at least we knew and loved you for a while. I hope that you could feel and know our love for you.
Joseph and Hope are experiencing more joy, more contentment, more happiness, and more satisfaction and love than this world could every have given them. My babies will never experience the emotional heartache of suffering, or the physical pain of sickness and injury in this imperfect world. They are enjoying in totality the wonderful presence of God in a very perfect heaven.

No comments: