Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Daily Loss

I feel like most people know this and then I talk to someone about it and they're surprised by it and then say, "Oh, yeah, that makes sense".  The loss of a child or loss of the dream of a family with children never goes away. Because with each day, each moment, each holiday, each year...I think about how life would be different if Joseph and Hope had lived. I think about how old they would be. I think about traditions we would have created for each holiday. I think about how life would be different. I think about every milestone that comes in life - learning how to walk and talk, starting kindergarten, birthday parties, becoming a teenager, a first date, graduating from high school and on and on and on.  It doesn't end. At least once a day something happens and I wonder about that moment if they were still here. So while some might think that you can move on and get over it, you really can't. Because every day is a loss. It's not as sharp of a pain as it once was, but it's still a hole in our hearts and lives.

Joseph and Hope would be turning 13 years old today. I grieve what today might have been.

No comments: